Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

enjoying january

 
New year, new calendar! I love this silly calendar & look forward to making these scrumptious meals with Burton each month :] We're actually kind of going through an inspired cooking Renaissance right now & I've got a feeling 2015 is going to be a delicious year.
 
 
This month, Burton & I celebrated the fourth anniversary of our first date! In some ways, I can't believe we've been together for only a mere four years. We've done so much & know each other so incredibly well. Then you think of couples who've been together for decades & four years just seems like a drop in the bucket. The passage of time throughout our lives is such a fascinating concept. That must be why I like Linklater films so much ;]

 
Despite the winter weather, my friends & I have been hiking up a storm. We did a 5 mile hike near Mt. Hood, where I saw my first frozen lake! Kids were sledding, the puppies were prancing, snow was falling, and it was magical.

 
 

 
I GOT TO MEET MY FAVORITE BAND OF ALL TIME, THE DECEMBERISTS!!! It was only a few weeks into the new year, but I can tell this is probably going to be one of the top moments of 2015. WOW. You know what? I'll just have to dedicate an entire post to this experience later on :]

Last weekend, there was uncommonly great weather in Portland for this time of year. It got into the 60s & the sky was crystal clear. A group of six of us checked out the Hoyt Arboretum and Latourell Falls in the Columbia Gorge. Then we treated ourselves to some fancy coffee at Case Study while the dogs looked on :] Have I mentioned how much I love living in Oregon? Wherever you may live, I hope you're having a lovely January so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment